License Info
About Me
Contact M

What do you charge to perform a marriage ceremony?
    The fees are set by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Please contact me for more information.
How do we obtain a Marriage License?
    In order to get married in Massachusetts, you must have a current marriage license issued in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. You can apply for your marriage license in any city or town in Massachusetts. You do not have to apply in the town where you live or in the town in which you are holding your wedding. Fees vary from town to town but generally range anywhere from $15 to $50.

    The law requires that both the Bride and Groom be present when applying for the marriage license. There is a three day waiting period from the day you file for a license to the day you can pick up your license. The license is valid for 60 days from the date you filed. Blood tests are no longer required in Massachusetts.

    Contact the Town Clerk in any city or town in order to obtain up-to-date information on the requirements for a marriage license and the current fees.

    Remember: I cannot marry you if you do not have a valid license!
Do we need witnesses?
    The Commonwealth of Massachusetts does not require witnesses to a marriage ceremony.
Will I get a marriage certificate at the ceremony?
    No. The official marriage certificate must come from the town clerk. I complete the marriage license and return it to the clerk's office. You must contact the town clerk where you obtained your license for an official certificate.
Is it necessary to meet with you before our ceremony?
    If you would like to meet in person, we can do so, but it is not necessary. We can communicate by email and telephone.
How much notice do you need to book a wedding?
    That depends on my schedule. Often I am available on short notice or on days other than Saturdays. However, if you want to reserve a specific date, a $50 deposit is required. Once I receive your deposit, I will send you a note confirming the date, time and location of the ceremony.
What happens if we cancel?
    If you cancel with less than one month's notice, you will forfeit your deposit.
Do we need a rehearsal? If so, what is the cost of the rehearsal?
    No. However, it is particularly helpful if you have a large wedding party. If you would like me to conduct the rehearsal, please contact me to discuss the additional fee.
Will you help us write our vows? If so, what is the cost?
    Yes. I do not charge to help you write your vows. I will work with you to create a one-of-a-kind ceremony that expresses your true love and happiness.
What types of things can we incorporate into the ceremony?
    In the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, there is no required language for vows, so the sky is the limit! We can incorporate poems, music, unity candle, circle ceremony, breaking the glass, or you can create your own special expression of love.
Do we need rings?
    No, you do not need to exchange rings. However, rings are a traditional symbol of love and marriage.
How do we renew our vows?
    No official license is required to renew your vows, so whether it is a special anniversary or just a special time in your life when you want to express how important you are to each other, renewing your vows are a special way to reiterate how important your life together is. Renewing your vows works much like a marriage ceremony; I can work with you to create a one-of-a-kind ceremony. Or if you have a copy of your original vows, I can work with you to update the ceremony, and can lend an air of formality to the occasion.
What will you wear?
    I will wear a black robe. However, I will wear other proper attire on request.


Home Services FAQsAbout MeContact

Copyright ©2014. All Rights Reserved.
Web Development by Susan Nigrosh Consulting.